Have you been in a situation where you lost your sanity for a while because you’ve done so much work and then you suddenly lost it? I know that feeling. It’s so frustrating especially if you don’t have a back of that long hours worth of work and the only thing you can do is to start from scratch and by that time you’re already exhausted and the quality of your work will potentially get compromised. Let’s try to avoid that, shall we? and to help you realize the importance of backing up your files here’s my Top 5 Reasons why.
My go to back up hard drive is the shockproof Transcend 1TB StoreJet 25M3 because a flimsy back up hard drive is as good as nothing when you accidentally drop it. So having a shockproof feature adds another level of confidence for your files.
– So you’re working on this project, you did a lot of changes, drafts etc.. then for some unfortunate reason you accidentally deleted it or removed parts of it and ctrl-z or undo can’t even save you from this problem, having a backup file for every major change you make on your project can save you time and effort. It’s also advisable to have a backup file externally so if you want to go back to your previous projects for reference you can do so anytime.
2. File Corruption Risk
– Electronic devices such as your PC, Laptop, Flash Drives, Hard Disk etc.. is unpredictable and in some cases unreliable. Your device can break down anytime due to many reasons such as wear and tear, physical damage and even software issues like viruses and malware. So again, having a back-up of your files is a must.
Having 2 or more back up hard disk for your most important files is highly recommended.
3. Acts of Nature
– Calamities can happen anytime, floods and fire to name a few that can potentially put your life and your hard work in danger. Having a back-up of your files on a different location is advisable. You can do a monthly backup on an external hard disk and ask your relatives to store it for you just in case disaster happens so you can get back up on your feet easily when these unfortunate events happen.
– I’ll give you a perfect example on this, I usually do a monthly backup of all our files, pictures, videos, blog backups as well as files for our cake business and I store these files on an external hard disk and hide it somewhere safe. We got robbed last October 2016 inside our very own house and my laptop and phone were stolen, Imagine if I don’t have a back-up of all our files, that would be a huge problem. So if you’re thinking your devices and files are safe because you don’t bring it outside, think again.
5. Precious Memories
– Lastly, you may want to back up your files for the simple reason of cherishing your precious moments. Especially those with your friends and families such us your pictures and videos. These precious moments cannot be replaced by anything else except your own memory in your head and we know for a fact that as we grow older, we lose some of this memories in our head. So having a backup allows you to relive these memories whenever you feel nostalgic.
There you have it guys, I hope this article can bring light to you and start backing up your files more often. Don’t be lazy, don’t put any excuses. Make time to do this at least once a month and you’ll thank me later once one of these 5 reasons happen which I hope would not.
And if you’re going to ask me for some advice on what hard disk to get for backing up your files here’s some that I can recommend that’s both affordable and reliable:
Marvin Gabriel is an enthusiastic, quality oriented content creator, specializing in technology taking full advantage of everything he learned throughout the years. He is fully committed to creating the best quality content for our viewers and partners with the ultimate vision to be one of the best technology influencers in the country.